Our area of specialty is in Business to Business debt collection. We manage the collections processes for a host of industry leaders, with a precedent of best practice recovery from your peers across all industries.
We assist by taking the time to intimately understand your business and how the bad debt problem occurred. Our assessment will begin before the point of sale, extending across:
- Credit applications and ensuring that all relevant Terms and Conditions are current including the PPSR;
- Credit policies – What credit searches you conduct on your clients and how you identify risks in those credit searches;
- How you set your credit limits and ensure you know when to place clients on “stop credit”;
- What your trading terms and invoicing cycles are and how they relate to your credit policy;
- Internal accounts receivable process and internal debt collection model.
Credit Management FAQ's
Most businesses plan for bad debts and factor in a percentage of write offs per year. As a general rule, your 90+ day debtors should represent a maximum 5% of your total aged debtors. Professional Recovery Services can assist in implementing best practice credit management and internal policies for you, whilst re-educating your customers to pay within trading terms.
PRS commonly see a problem where a client eventually places a debtor on stop credit and then allows future trading on a “cash sale”. Should any of the above interest you, or sound familiar, PRS can assist with implementing change as well as the “tricks of the trade” to ensure any bad debts that arise will have the best chance of recovery.